We pride ourselves on the quality of all the add-ons you get with the course
– A four-day course, covering theoretical and practical knowledge (See detailed content at the bottom of this page), helping you gain the confidence so that you have the skills to start your consultancy as soon as you have attended the course.
– Handouts: We understand that there is a lot to take in and that you want to pay full attention to what is being taught without worrying about taking too many notes. All handouts provided are kept up-to-date and you will always be given access to the most recent versions.
– Access to a support group: the support group is held on Facebook and benefits from other consultants’ experience. If you do not wish to be on Facebook, you can always contact your trainer directly for support. Your trainer can also contact the Facebook group on your behalf.
– The right to re-attend the course as many times as you like! (with a nominal admin fee): The course is built so that every person will gain something from it, whether you are completely new to baby-carrying or have years of experience. If you are new to baby-carrying, you may find that there is only so much you can take in at first, so the option to re-attend to build on your knowledge is available. The course is also a powerful confidence-booster, so if you feel a need to top-up your mojo, you are always welcome back.
– Links to video tutorials: We understand that you might like to refresh your memory long after the course finishes and cannot always come back, this is why there are video tutorials available as reminders of the carries and techniques covered, as well as for any carries we did not get to cover together.
– Free CPD days (Continuing Professional Development) twice a year: We believe that your learning does not stop after the course. The CPD days are a great opportunity to top-up your knowledge and stay up-to-date with the industry. It is also a time when all the Slingababy consultants get together so they can network and share their experiences.
All of this for as little as £575! (for a remote course or in-person course in mainland Great Britain, please contact us for courses further afield)
Baby’s physiology and anatomy: a global approach, working for a text-book baby and a real one
Wearer’s physiology and anatomy: a global approach, working for a text-book wearer and a real one
Special circumstances: multiples, disability, prematurity…
What is the consultant’s role and limitations?
How to set up a workshop
How to set up a consultation
How to make videos
Benefits of baby-carrying for both wearer and baby
Carrying safety: dynamic approach and risk assesment
The ergonomical position
In-arms carrying, baby handling and baby holding
Carrying positions, pros, cons and limitations: chest to chest, cradle, seated sideways, off-centered, on the hip, facing out, on the back
Finding the right carrying height for each babywearing pair
Different techniques to get a baby onto your back
Safety and official weight limits
Other carriers, lovingly referred to as the “weird and wonderful” (Podaegis, Onbuhimos, Pouches, double pouches, Skin to skin garments, Kanga and other traditional carriers, Hybrid carriers)
General information and variations between brands
How to handle the slings
Mechanics of tightening
Mechanics of carries
Front, hip and back carries with main sling types
Adapting for newborns, babies with neck control, babies who sit and toddlers